1929 saw the establishment of the Ringwood Bowls Club initially located on the land now occupied by the Eastland Shopping Centre. It moved to its current location in Loughnan Road, Ringwood in 1997.
Hand-written letter from Philip Bamford to To Borough of Ringwood's Town Clerk giving a parcel of land for park and recreation purposes. Probable site for bowling green and croquet lawn. The land would adjoin similar donation from Capt Miles [Miles Park]. Dated 18th October 1926.