Historical information

This photograph is part of the Caulfield Historical Album 1972, showing an advertisement for the 21/04/1923 Glenholme Estate sale through real estate agents Knight and Harwood. This album was created in approximately 1972 as part of a project by the Caulfield Historical Society to assist in identifying buildings worthy of preservation. The album is related to a Survey the Caulfield Historical Society developed in collaboration with the National Trust of Australia (Victoria) and Caulfield City Council to identify historic buildings within the City of Caulfield that warranted the protection of a National Trust Classification. Principal photographer thought to be Trevor Hart, member of Caulfield Historical Society. Most photographs were taken between 1966-1972 with a small number of photographs being older and from unknown sources. All photographs are black and white except where stated, with 386 photographs over 198 pages. This polychrome brick and slate-roofed mansion was built by John Hart in 1871. Later owned by James McDougall (partner in Sands and McDougall; director of the first Caulfield horse tram company). Later again, it became a psychiatric hospital; demolished c1923.

Physical description

Page 36 of Photograph Album with two photographs of Glenholme Estate advertisements.

Inscriptions & markings

Handwritten: "Glenholme" Bambra Road [top] / 36 [bottom right]

References