Historical information

This photograph is part of the Caulfield Historical Album 1972. This album was created in approximately 1972 as part of a project by the Caulfield Historical Society to assist in identifying buildings worthy of preservation. The album is related to a Survey the Caulfield Historical Society developed in collaboration with the National Trust of Australia (Victoria) and Caulfield City Council to identify historic buildings within the City of Caulfield that warranted the protection of a National Trust Classification. Principal photographer thought to be Trevor Hart, member of Caulfield Historical Society. Most photographs were taken between 1966-1972 with a small number of photographs being older and from unknown sources. All photographs are black and white except where stated, with 386 photographs over 198 pages. From: Glen Eira Heritage Management Plan (1996) by Andrew Ward and Associates This Area is marked by the imposing brick and freestone gothic Revival church of the Holy Cross, built in 1937 to the design of O.H. Jorgensen. Church of the Holy Cross and Presbytery are contributory buildings to HO66.

Physical description

Page 65 of Photograph Album with one exterior photograph (landscape) of a brick church with a three storey tower.

Inscriptions & markings

Hand written: Glenhuntly Rd [top left] / HOLY CROSS RC CHURCH / Dec 1972 [written underneath the photo] / 65 [bottom left]

References