Stories Organisations Projects About Login

Archive File - Blytheswood, Studley Park (Kew)

From the Collection of Kew Historical Society Inc 1 Civic Drive & 188 High Street Kew Victoria

Description
Blythswood was a former mansion in Kew, built in the 1850s and later becoming the home of the newspaper magnate, David Syme. The file contains detailed histories and a large number of annotated photocopied photographs of the house and garden. Most of the items were compiled and donated by Veronica Coudou, a descendant of the Syme family. The main 10-page [copyrighted] manuscript by Coudou covers the period 1863-1908 and describes the buildings, gardens and the owners. These items are undated. Also in the file is a 15-page printout of a website on the mansion, accessed 2013.
Size
A4 Vertical File
Object Registration
2017.0325
Historical information
Since its foundation in 1958, members of the Kew Historical Society have been compiling and storing information about subjects relating to the history of Kew and its environs, of which this file is an example. Typically files will contain primary and secondary sources.
When Made
1958-present
Last updated
28 Oct 2018 at 5:48PM