Archive File - Kew Court House ~ 2000-2005
From the Collection of Kew Historical Society Inc Level 1, Kew Court House 188 High Street Kew Victoria
- Archive file containing information about the heritage significance of the Kew Court House (and Police Station) in High Street, Kew. Most of the file contains correspondence between a number of interested parties including the Kew Historical Society which was leading the campaign to have the building/precinct preserved and used for community purposes. Letters and submissions include those from the Department of Treasury & Finance, Ray Tonkin (Heritage Victoria), Dr. Robert Dean MLA, Judith Voce, Hon David Davis MLC, John Lenders MP, Hon John Thwaites, Andrew McIntosh MLA and officers of the Kew Historical Society. The file also contains records of interview and memos and meeting minutes relating to the campaign.
- A4 Vertical File
- kew historical society - archives, kew - history, kew court house, kew police station, heritage campaigns - kew (vic)
- Since its foundation in 1958, members of the Kew Historical Society have been compiling and storing information about subjects relating to the history of Kew and its environs, of which this file is an example. Typically files will contain primary and secondary sources.
- The campaign to preserve and redevelop the Kew Court House and Police Station began when the Victorian Government announced its intention to sell the properties comprising this heritage precinct. The Kew Historical Society mounted a community campaign to raise funds from the community for its preservation, with the support of the City of Boroondara. The funds raised by the Society were $500,000, which contributed to the buildings purchase and restoration. The community campaign was an exemplary example of heritage in action. The Society holds the complete documentation of this heritage campaign.
- 17 Dec 2018 at 11:27AM