Provenance

Various Parties

Purpose/Function

Reference, Research, Information

Arrangement

Arranged by Secondary Values (value of records to users)

Content

The ‘Roseneath’ House on Pakington Street was first erected around 1858 and was renovated and expanded upon in its modern form in 1885. With a garden designed by Baron von Mueller, its most notable feature was its botanical excellence that pre-dates the days of mandatory quarantine. Once much larger, it has now been subdivided, surrounded by modern homes rather than extensive garden space. The file includes: Newspaper articles on the history of the property, multiple pages of completed research, letters between Kew Historical Society members on a meeting at the home, and a real estate property guide.