Provenance

Various Parties

Purpose/Function

Reference, Research, Information

Arrangement

Arranged by Secondary Values (value of records to users)

Content

Josiah Joseph (J.J.) Robinson was an early settler in Kew, having arrived from England in 1868 soon to be followed by his wife. After residing in Richmond for a short time, they moved to Kew along John Street, building up their property the ‘King’s Bromley’. This two-story timber house would remain and be the home for upwards of twelve children, before being demolished in 1958 as the area grew and modernised. The file includes: Research completed by unknown author, a sketch of the ‘King’s Bromley’ property, plans for the subdivision, and scanned newspaper articles.