Archive File - D'Estaville (Barry Street, Kew)
From the Collection of Kew Historical Society Inc Kew Court House 188 High Street Kew Victoria
- Sir William Stawell built the house, D’Estaville, in what is now Barry Street, Kew. The archive file about the house includes sundry items including real estate brochures, newspaper articles/clippings, copies of Australian Heritage and the Victorian Historical Journal (2006) in which there are articles on Stawell and the Victorian Constitution, correspondence between the Society and the national Trust and the Historic Buildings Council relating to the vacant land in Sir William Street (1980) and to D’Estaville itself.
- A4 Vertical File
- Since its foundation in 1958, members of the Kew Historical Society have been compiling and storing information about subjects relating to the history of Kew and its environs, of which this file is an example. Typically files will contain primary and secondary sources.
- 2 Nov 2018 at 11:30PM