Archive File - Boroondara General (Kew) Cemetery - General
From the Collection of Kew Historical Society Inc Level 1, Kew Court House 188 High Street Kew Victoria
- Archive file containing numerous newspaper articles/clippings, items of correspondence, unpublished research, pamphlets, a CD-ROM, notices of exhibitions and walks etc. The earliest manuscript is handwritten notes entitled ‘A Place in the Shade’, compiled in 1960, by members of the Kew Historical Society. Some of the topics covered in the file include the Rotunda restoration project, the Cemetery’s 150th anniversary, Von Mueller, the Peace Haven Mausoleum, etc. The file also includes a single copy of ‘Boroondara: A Place in the Shade’ published by the Kew Historical Society and the Trustees of the Boroondara general Cemetery in 1980. There is also a CD-ROM that is called the ‘Kew Cemetery Tree Report’ but probably contains an electronic copy of the Conservation Management Plan.
- A4 Vertical File
- Since its foundation in 1958, members of the Kew Historical Society have been compiling and storing information about subjects relating to the history of Kew and its environs, of which this file is an example. Typically files will contain primary and secondary sources.
- 28 Oct 2018 at 5:56PM