Archive File - Congregational Church (Walpole Street, Kew)
From the Collection of Kew Historical Society Inc Level 1, Kew Court House 188 High Street Kew Victoria
- Archive file containing information about the Congregational Church in Walpole Street, Kew (demolished 1979). The file contains numerous original and copied primary sources as well as short histories and correspondence between the Kew Historical Society and the Historic Buildings Preservation Council when it was proposed to demolish the church. Following the demolition of the Church, an aged care facility - Bodalla - was erected (since demolished). The file contains some information on Bodalla and a foundation stone relating to the former Church which was placed on the site. In the file, there is a photocopy of a brass plaque from 1860 that refers to the architect being George Wharton and the builders Messrs. Leach & Bicknell.
- A4 Vertical File
- Since its foundation in 1958, members of the Kew Historical Society have been compiling and storing information about subjects relating to the history of Kew and its environs, of which this file is an example. Typically files will contain primary and secondary sources.
- 30 Oct 2018 at 12:03AM