Stories Organisations Projects About Login

Archive File - Bowling Clubs (Kew)

From the Collection of Kew Historical Society Inc Level 1, Kew Court House 188 High Street Kew Victoria

Description
Archive file containing correspondence relating to the former Studley Park Bowling Club in Barry Street, Kew and its relocation to Yarra Bend Park. The file includes a photocopy of the letter by Nigel Lewis to the City of Kew, describing the historic importance of the Club (established c.1903) and the necessity of moving it before demolition. The file has information relating to the pavilion’s move and restoration as an art centre.
Size
A4 Vertical File
Object Registration
2017.0341
Historical information
Since its foundation in 1958, members of the Kew Historical Society have been compiling and storing information about subjects relating to the history of Kew and its environs, of which this file is an example. Typically files will contain primary and secondary sources.
When Made
1958-present
Last updated
28 Oct 2018 at 7:23PM