Provenance

Various Parties

Purpose/Function

Reference, Research, Information

Arrangement

Arranged by Secondary Values (value of records to users)

Content

The Australian Red Cross has existed as a branch of its British equivalent since the outbreak of World War 1 in 1914. Since it’s inception it has functioned in Kew as across much of the country, although they used to have property in the area as a courtesy of previous Syme owned Rockingham on Barker’s Road. Their ownership of the property began in 1955, providing a home for recovering returned servicemen, with this ending in the demolition of the property in 1966. The file includes: An invite to a musical hosted by the Kew Branch of the Australian Red Cross.