Kew Historical Society
Since its foundation in 1958, members of the Kew Historical Society have been compiling and storing information about subjects relating to the history of Kew and its environs, of which this file is an example.
Arranged by Secondary Values (value of records to users)
The Methodist Ladies' College was founded in 1882, and is located on the corner of Barkers and Glenferrie Roads. This subject file was created by researchers of the Kew Historical Society. It contains primary and secondary sources relevant to the history of the school. The file contains booklets, correspondence, publications and newspaper articles. Included in these is: a history of the school from 1882-1921, a student handbook from 1882, a prize and honour list from 1892, a copy of a talk on the school given by Gwen McWilliam in 1981, and information about the opening of the Science Block in 1951. Some sections of the file deal with planning issues such as the demolition of 74 Glenferrie Road and various reports and correspondence relating to this and other planning issues.