Provenance

Various Parties

Purpose/Function

Reference, Research, Information

Arrangement

Arranged by Secondary Values (value of records to users)

Content

The Sacred Heart Church was built in 1900 along Cotham Road, at the corner with Glenferrie Road. Based upon the Society of St. Vincent de Paul, it acted as a replacement for visiting priests from Richmond who could only afford one or two trips a month. Its church is very prominent, housing a large dome on the roof that renders it an extremely recognisable building. The church also hosts a primary school on the property. The file includes: Newspaper articles around both the church and school, two copies of a centenary history of the church, and letter sent in-regards to the gifting of these histories.