Archive (Series) - Woodbury College

Archive (collection) - Subject Files, Kew Historical Society, 1958-present

Provenance

Various Parties

Purpose/Function

Reference, Research, Information

Arrangement

Arranged by Secondary Values (value of records to users)

Content

The ‘Woodbury Ladies College’ was a school established in 1898 along Glenferrie Road by Miss Harcourt, who had been principal for other colleges in Melbourne. A small college, it built its own building on the corners of Uvadale Grove and Cotham Road, but would be amalgamated into St. Andrews College in 1921 on Mont Victor Road.
The file includes: A payment ledger, a miscellaneous book for general administration, a real estate article regarding the ‘Woodbury’ property, a photo negative of students, a badge and hat ribbon that were part of the school uniform, multiple documents related to concerts, fairs, etc., copies of the ‘Woodbury Chat’, and many letters and reports regarding the school and its students. The most important primary sources in the file are the handwritten annual reports written by the Principal.

Back to top