Provenance

Various Parties

Purpose/Function

Reference, Research, Information

Arrangement

Arranged by Secondary Values (value of records to users)

Content

The Outer Circle Line was a railway service that ran as far as between Oakleigh and Fairfield, and provided services from 1890 to 1897, but sections would re-enter and leave service up until 1942, before it would be demolished and turned into a walking trail. Remains of the railway line exist in the Alamein line, as well as road infrastructure. The file includes: Multiple documents that contain information about the Outer Circle line, especially in regard to the East Kew section, multiple committee reports in the early 1900s regarding the expansion, electrification and the maintenance of the lines, maps of the railway line and surrounding area, many different newspaper and magazine articles regarding the railway lines and their remains.