Provenance

Various Parties

Purpose/Function

Reference, Research, Information

Arrangement

Arranged by Secondary Values (value of records to users)

Content

Ramornie, nicknamed ‘The Towers’ is a house built in 1890 along Pakington Street. It’s nickname derives from the distinctive two brick towers that flank the house, and remain it’s most prominent feature. The house itself was built for then Mayor of Kew James Maitland Campbell, and remained in possession by the family until the 1930s. Since then, its twenty-five rooms have passed owners, and served as a boarding house. The file includes: A newspaper article talking of the history of the property.