Reference, Research, Information
Subject file on the former Kew Bowling Club (Vic), founded in 1880 and amalgamated with the Auburn Heights Bowling Club in 1998. The Club was located behind the Kew Recreation Hall at 12-16 Wellington Street, Kew. The file contains both primary and secondary sources. Primary sources include twelve annual reports (1984-85 to 1988-89; 1990-1 to 1996-97); sundry copies of the Club’s newsletter - ‘Kew View’ from the period 1980-95; magazines celebrating the inaugural and second annual ‘Kew Cup’ (1992-93); ephemera such as the programs for the Centenary Dinner (1980); the Club’s Constitution (1987); and research notes and newspaper articles/clippings. The file also includes two copies of the Club’s history. A number of documents relate to the proposed sale of the land by Boroondara Council in 2001. In 2020, KHS accepted into its collection the entire collection and archives of the Kew Bowling Club. These are stored separately.